This Saturday, November 14, the San Antonio Texas Aggie Moms’ Club will be collecting items for ‘The 12th Can’ from 9am to noon at Aggie Park. We will be located in the parking lot and the drop off will be a ‘no … Read More »
Howdy! You’re Invited! What: Fundraising & Media Day at Taylor’s Place for Brazos Valley Gives Day which is 18 hours of on-line giving that brings the community together to raise critical funding & awareness for nonprofit organizations throughout the Brazos … Read More »
For our October General Meeting, we were excited to host Joseph Rodgers from the 12th Can Pantry. The goal of the 12th Can Pantry is to eliminate hunger at Texas A&M, bring awareness to food insecurity in college communities, and show others the power of the Aggie spirit. The 12th Can is affiliated with Brazos Valley Food Bank as a program partner, and they reside under the Student Government Association. If you would like a link to the recorded zoom meeting let us know by emailing us at SanAntoniomoms@aggienetwork.com.
In addition to dropping off food items at Aggie Park (We will let you know when we will have ‘drive thru’ drop off) Joseph sent us this information which gave additional ways you can help fill their pantry:
- https://www.the12thcan.org/donate-funds.html, but be sure to distinguish between tax-deductible and non-tax-deductible forms. Our preference is that we do not receive cash since our on-campus bank is discouraging cash transactions.
- The 12th Can would be able to pick up groceries from Walmart or HEB, as long as it is within 25 miles of campus (any Bryan/College Station Walmart/HEB should work-here are the closest ones: https://www.walmart.com/grocery/?veh=wmt or https://www.heb.com/heb-store/US/tx/bryan/bryan-3-h-e-b-544).
- Jules Cruz, our Facilities Director, will be able to pick up any groceries that have been ordered for us. Her email is email@example.com.
- The address for The 12th Can is as follows: The 12th Can, 125 John J. Koldus, 1236 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-1236
Aggie Mom University is now live and open to all club officers and current members!
You can register at https://aggiemoms.org/aggie-mom-university/ . Aggie Mom University is a series of online training classes conducted via Zoom and taught by Aggie Moms who will cover materials, lead discussions, and answer questions on different topics.
This is not just for board members, all current members are welcome!
Next General Meeting:
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
at Aggie Park and via Zoom
SOCIAL TIME:6:00 PM
Program: Home Away From Home
Speaker: Tanya Gillespie
We will be collecting donations for goody bags as well. Any type of individually wrapped food items are wonderful additions to the goody bags. Some suggested items are bottled water, peanut butter or cheese crackers, Cheez-Its, granola bars, Goldfish, small containers of Pringles, pudding cups (that don’t require refrigeration), chips, Cracker Jacks, Rice Krispies treats, popcorn, animal crackers, fruit snacks, and anything else that is individually wrapped and travels well. Thank you so much for your help and your generosity!
We welcome all Aggie families and supporters. Dinner is included for all paid members and is available for $5 a person for non-members. Let us know if you need a vegetarian meal.
We ask that you RSVP by October 29th, to allow our hospitality team enough time to plan and prep food for all attending. The doors at Aggie Park will open at 6:00 pm for mingling and shopping. The meeting starts promptly at 6:30 pm. We will also provide a Zoom Link as we get closer.
Click here to shop and support San Antonio Aggie Moms’ Club Scholarship Fund
Please use the link below for updates from Texas A&M
Feb. 5-7, 2021 Registration for Aggie Mom Camp 2021 is now OPEN! Whoop! Pass it Back, Aggie Moms!
Our Aggies have Fish Camp, T-Camp or Howdy Camp to aid in the transition to college life and transition them to the wonderful traditions at Texas A&M University; but, did you know that Aggie Moms have CAMP as well?! Aggie Mom Camp, created in 1994, helps new Aggie Moms learn the traditions of Texas A&M that are passed along from “seasoned” Aggie Moms. Since its inception, Aggie Mom Camp has become a way for all Aggie Moms, new and seasoned, to come together as a part of the Aggie Family.
This “Aggie Mom-Getaway” weekend is full of speakers, entertainment, behind the scene tours, meals and lots of mom-raderie! In addition, there will be a small boutique, AMC Marketplace, of booths with all things Aggie you could possible want to shop for. Come join us for the weekend as we “Shine Together” as Aggie Moms. This is an Aggie Mom Camp t-shirt and jeans weekend!
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: DECEMBER 11, 2020
On-site camper registrations as of 10/8/20 will be put on a wait-list.
Registration Fee includes the following:
- 2 nights at the Texas A&M Hotel & Conference Center
- 5 meals (2 Breakfast – Saturday & Sunday; Saturday Lunch; 2 Dinners – Friday & Saturday)
- Saturday Activity – Painting With A Twist **RSVP IS REQUIRED** (artwork original to Aggie Mom Camp)
- 1 Aggie Mom Camp T-shirt (to be worn as your “ticket” into camp activities; option to buy an additional t-shirt is available in the registration link)
- Tote Bag
- AMC Marketplace
- Silent Auction & Raffle
- Tons of Aggie Mom Friends and Memories
Please Note: The Federation is excited for Aggie Mom Camp 2021. However, please be aware that Camp will be a bit different this year due to COVID restrictions. As with everything right now, COVID is playing a major role in how Camp is shaping up and has/is creating some new opportunities. Given group size and social distancing restrictions due to COVID, it has been necessary for us to make the following adjustments to camp:
- There will be both On-Site Campers at the hotel and Virtual Campers via Zoom or some other virtual broadcasting platform. The Virtual campers will have access to all camp sessions – Friday night, Saturday morning and evening and Sunday morning.
- Number of Camp Attendees – Total of 200
- On-site at the hotel: Limited to 125 campers
- Virtual: Limited to 75
- Virtual Campers who register for on-line attendance will be sent a “Camp Box” which will contain a camp t-shirt, lanyard/pin, tote and supplies for the Saturday activity.
- No large group campus tours.
- Saturday evening dinner will be at the hotel in the ballroom. No additional tickets will be available to purchase due to group size restrictions.
- Painting with a Twist Paint Party: This activity will take the place of the traditional Saturday late afternoon tour that typically transitions us into our Saturday evening meal and speaker. Painting with a Twist will come to the hotel and guide us in painting a piece of artwork unique to Aggie Mom Camp. A RSVP is required if you plan on attending this event.
Additional Registration Information:
- Registration is on-line only and will close on December 11, 2020.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your registration has been received.
- You will be contacted by your Counselors at least two (2) weeks prior to camp.
- We will try our best to honor roommate requests. Camps will be assigned randomly.
- Camp will fill up. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. A wait list will be available.
- Refunds are only made before the December 11, 2020 deadline.
- If you have a roommate request(s), be sure and lists her/them in the space provided.
- Above all, please remember that this event is created by Aggie Mom volunteers out of selfless service and love for the Federation organization.
Questions: Contact Aggie Mom Camp Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, Contact Your 2020 Aggie Mom Camp Director Irma Macias (email@example.com).
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check us out on Facebook:San Antonio Moms’ Facebook Page