Dear Aggie Moms,
We are seriously into the work efforts of the upcoming gala. Sandi, LoGina, Rachelle and I could really use your help to make the gala a success.
Help is needed in the following ways:
Donations: Please try to bring donated items from the requests below to one of the next two meetings. This will help us get a head start on getting anything that needs to be touched up.
· Baskets/containers – to be used to make baskets with the variety of item donated. Boy Scout popcorn tins, any kind/color of tins. These can be easily painted. Also, any color of crinkled shredding and bubble wrap.
· Liquor – to be used to fill a wheel barrow for an awesome auction item – this was a HUGE success last year!
· Aggie Items – any Aggie items that are no longer used and/or needs a new home – you would be surprised what we can do to spruce them up – you might even bid on it. LOL
· Anything really – gifts that you never gave to anyone that may still be in the wrapper – Seriously, anything – we can use like items to make a really awesome basket and you got to clean out a closet and/or drawer. Examples: candles, picture frames, children’s games/toys, notecards, journals, quilts, artwork, etc. No clothes please, unless a signed jersey or something of that nature. Disclaimer…. All items MUST be in good repair because we don’t want this to turn into a garage sale. J Please be considerate when donating. The idea is that we use items from several different people to make one super awesome basket.
· $ Dollars – to be used to purchase items to fill baskets
Gift of Time: As moms, we know how precious our time is and often the gift of time is the best gift anyone could ever give! Please consider volunteering your time to helping where you can below.
· Asking Businesses/Friends to donate – Please email LoGina and Rachelle so they don’t have to do double work. We will have copies of the attached official letter, at the February meeting, for you to hand out to the places you frequent such as restaurants, dentist, hair stylist, cleaners, etc. Please feel free to use the attached letter to email directly to the business and copy this email address on the communication firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help us keep track of who is being notified. The success of our gala depends significantly on the quantity and value of silent auction items. Please request donations from contacts you may have or from any and all places of business you stop at each day. No donation is too small, (from gift cards from your favorite fast food restaurant, nail salon to anything you can think of that could bring in those bids). Deadline to make the program is Friday, March 16th!
· Decorate – We will need help decorating for the gala. A signup sheet will be available, if you have not signed up already, to help decorate the day before and/or day of the Auction. Or, you can send an email to GarciaCC@uthscsa.edu.
· Donation Creation – Please send an email to LoGina email@example.com or Rachelle firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help us assemble and set up for the auction. We will meet briefly after the February’s meeting dismissal. The dates for creating baskets and organizing donated items will be as listed below. This will be a ton of fun! Lots of laughter and fellowship. To serve, you don’t have to be available for all three dates and you don’t have to feel like you have to stay the entire allotted time.
o Sunday, March 11th, 2 – 6pm – The Vinceslio’s – 11406 Whisper Bluff, San Antonio, TX 78230 – snacks will be served
o Saturday, March 17th, 10am – 3pm – The Vinceslio’s – 11406 Whisper Bluff, San Antonio, TX 78230 – brunch/snacks will be served
o Sunday, March 18th, 1 – 6pm – The Vinceslio’s – 11406 Whisper Bluff, San Antonio, TX 78230 – snacks will be served
· Setup – Please send an email to LoGina @ email@example.com or Rachelle @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available to setup the auction on any or all of the dates below. More info to follow. This too will be a ton of fun!
o Thursday, March 22nd – TBD Time in the evening
o Friday, March 23rd – TBD time, but it will be all day on this date
o Saturday, March 24th – TBD time, prayerfully morning only and/or done no later than 1pm!
· Runners – Please send an email to LoGina @ email@example.com or Rachelle @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be willing to be a runner once the tables begin to close. The plan is to be super organized! More info to follow. This too will be a ton of fun! J
o Saturday, March 24th – Timeline will be provided based on the number of volunteers.
· Cleanup – We want everyone to have a fabulous time and are hoping that everyone helps with this task. However, we want to give thanks to those who are willing to commit to making this happen. Please consider signing up for the finale!
o Saturday, March 24th – 11pm until we are done!
Thank you in advance for your help.
Camille, Sandi, LoGina & Rachelle